Sunday, September 15, 2013

bellissima

This past summer my family and I were fortunate to take a trip of a lifetime-  a Mediterranean cruise! My grandpa was generous enough to invite the entire family on my dad's side to join in on the fun. The trip was a journey that I will  forever treasure, memories and experiences that can't simply be summed up in a blog post. My grandpa was originally planning on taking this cruise last summer, but a few days into the trip his brother sadly passed away; so as fate would have it he had to postpone the cruise. After a series of a few other unfortunate events my grandpa decided that this cruise had all the potential for an epic family vacation! Surprisingly enough all 35 of us were able to rearrange our lives and take advantage of an insane opportunity!
Our trip began in Venice, complete with a welcoming gondola ride- from there we went to Split, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Valletta, Taormina, Naples, and lastly Capri. Each destination brought new tastes, breathtaking views and some new experiences (segway tours galore!). While picking a favorite spot is just too hard I have to say that Taormina, Sicily stole my heart. My dad's family is from Sicily so it was kind of a special place to visit with everyone. 
Life is short and sweet and while it's not always easy to remember (I'm continuously trying to work on this myself), it's important to really enjoy an experience and live in the actual moment. 
More posts on this trip are sure to come!..stay tuned! 

andiamo!

Dubrovnik. 

cocktails on the ship as we sail away!



Capri, Italy. 

Split, Croatia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment