Saturday, January 4, 2014

new year, new you?

So cliche, but WOW did this new year come quick. Sorry, but where did Christmas go?! I feel robbed! Ready or not 2014 is here and I'm determined to make it a good one. Last year was full of exciting and memorable adventures- Traverse City, Italy, NYC, Philly and Florida.  Sad, however, true I came to the realization that I was never actually living in the present. I'm a big planner and have the habit of always looking ahead, anticipating the next and often that leaves me forgetting to STOP, breath and appreciate the now. 

This year I'm vouching to live in the now, I want to fully appreciate experiences as they are happening! 
I want to take control of my finances- time to get knowledgable and stop living like a carefree college student. I want to be more sociable- it's so easy to get dragged down by the mundane daily grind- this is the year to truly make more of an effort with loved ones and friends. I want to read more- both for pleasure and for the general sake of knowing what's happening in the world. I also want to plan a trip with the boyfriend (this circles back to saving $$). 

I'm not a huge advocate for eccentric New Year's resolutions, but these feel pretty attainable and necessary. Overall, I want to be more positive and happy because I have a lot to be grateful and thankful for :) So 2014, let's do this! 
                                                                           Cheers! 
via

No comments:

Post a Comment